Today’s prompt: Educate us on something you know a lot about or are good at. Take any approach you’d like.
How to avoid doing laundry*:
1. Make a laundry schedule of doom in which you break down your laundry by which day you’re going to do it, taking care to leave something like “towels” for those days that your husband is off and wants to do laundry without worrying about what can and can’t be dried, washed in hot water, etc.
2. Start out strong. Do more than what the schedule says. Gloat quietly or loudly…reader’s choice.
3. Skip a day, reasoning that “you’re ahead of schedule and can afford to.”
4. Skip another day because you’re still kind of ahead and both of you still have plenty of clothes to wear and towels to use.
5. Skip one more day because it’s a day that ends in ‘y’/the sun is shining/it’s raining/you’re tired/you’re hyper/any number of other reasons that seem ridiculous
6. Realize that you’re out of socks that you wear to the gym or to walk/jog
7. Start skipping your workouts
8. Go into laundry room and look at the mountains of laundry that have accumulated
10. Write a blog posting about how to avoid doing laundry, then resolve to do some laundry…or just keep avoiding it…in the name of writing research after all…
*Absolutely not based on my life at all. I just happen to be an expert at this particular topic...