Pregnancy hormones are real. I’ve always been, shall we say, a touch emotional, but now the most random things set me off. I started keeping a list of bizarre things that made me cry, and as you can read below, there are some weird ones!
Things that have made me cry:
- Publix deli not selling steak and cheese subs
- Having the girl in the deli tell me that roast beef was “pretty much the same thing” as steak (NO IT’S NOT, PUBLIX DELI GIRL. NO IT’S NOT)
- Spending money on subs at Publix since we had just gone grocery shopping a couple of days before
- Marcus Mariota (the Tennessee Titans quarterback) running onto the field at the beginning of a game
- A clip of a game when the Oakland Raiders won
- A story about Einstein’s mother
- Having the eye doctor tell me that my blood sugar may be high
- The season premiere of The Flash television show
- Seeing how much weight John Goodman has lost
- Ross on Friends finding out that he’s having a son
- Rachel and Ross kissing for the first time on Friends
- Ross’ son saying his first word on Friends (okay, I’ve been on a Friends kick lately)
- A cartoon picture of an abandoned dog
- Hearing aids for American Girl dolls
- A medicine commercial where a dog and cat look like words
- The Acura commercial where the crash test dummies look like real people at first
Things that have not made me cry:
- Hearing the heartbeat for the first time
- Our gender scan ultrasound and finding out that we’re having a GIRL!
I’m sure there are more ridiculous things that will make me lose it between now and April! What’s the most ridiculous thing you’ve ever cried about?