Happy 2018! I hope everyone had a fun time bringing in the new year. We went to a party that one of Will’s friends hosted, and it was so fun, but I was worn out today! His friend has a couple of arcade games, and evidently I put my whole body into playing them and was super sore today. If that doesn’t signal that it’s time to make some physical changes, I don’t know what does! 😉
Yesterday (or last year…hahaha), I shared some stats from 2017, so tonight I want to look forward to this year and share my blog goals for 2018. They’re in no particular order since I plan to accomplish all of them!
- Get 10,000 blog views – I know that’s a huge jump from my 2017 views, but I ran some numbers and I had around a 250% increase from 2016 to 2017, and 10,000 views would give me a comparable increase for 2018. Plus 10,000 seems like such a serious number. So loyal readers, start visiting me multiple times a day. Ha!
- Post every single day – Since it’s close to midnight on January 1, I need to do a little bit more pre-planning for this one! I have made an extensive editorial calendar (a fancy way to say “schedule of what I plan to write about”), so I have enough content for the year. It’s just a matter of sitting down and actually writing it! It’s also a matter of having things written far enough ahead of time so that when I feel burned out (like I did in November and December), all I have to do is publish a draft to bring all of you new content to read.
- Write one sponsored post per month – I’ve done one sponsored post, and it was a fun challenge to write about something that I wouldn’t have thought about covering here. Plus, let’s be honest, getting paid to write is my ultimate goal, so that was definitely a bonus! I want to be intentional about partnerships and find a way to write one sponsored post per month.
- Complete a mystery project that I’ve been thinking about for a few weeks – That’s all of the information you’re getting for now. #mystery
- Make things prettier – I have been inconsistent about the way things look on here. My graphics are all different sizes, I don’t use the same fonts for things, and my pictures are sometimes kind of meh. I am slowly going to go back through my archives and update things to make them look nicer and more consistent, as well as make things look better going forward.
That’s it for my blog goals! These will be fun but time-consuming. I’m looking forward to the challenges and seeing how I can grow this little space of mine.
What would you like to see more of in 2018? If you’re a blogger, do you have any goals for the year? I’d love to hear about them!