Time for a TBB (The Blended Blog) Asks post – all about January habits!
- Resolutions or no resolutions? I usually have a huge list of resolutions, but this year I went no resolutions. I’m focusing on goals instead. Novel concept, right?
- Love snow or no snow? I love it if our kitchen is fully stocked, we have plenty of things to read and watch, and no one has to go to work, school, or anywhere else. Otherwise, since I live in the South where we usually get ice before snow, it’s a huge hassle!
- Name a new place you want to go this year. There are some places around Nashville that I want to visit. Our fifth anniversary is in March, and we’re taking a couple of days off to have a “staycation,” so I want to try a couple of those touristy restaurants that out-of-towners always visit!
- Would you rather have a new haircut or new hair color? Judging by the amount of grays that are rapidly multiplying on my head, I’m gonna go with hair color here.
- Name one special thing you want to do for yourself this year. I’m taking an Amber day once a month, and by day, I really just mean a few hours, but it’s a time where I will go do something that interests me or even just sit by myself at a coffee shop and read or write. This month’s Amber day is a planner girl meetup. I went to one last month, so I’m hoping that my new friends get to come to this one!
- Least favorite thing about January? Being sick. I feel like I always get sick at some point in January. I don’t know if it’s just being around more people after being off work or what but blah. (Amber sidenote – I’m updating the draft I had prescheduled to share that I am currently the proud owner of bronchitis, an upper respiratory infection, and a virus with “flulike symptoms”. Woot.)
- Most favorite thing about January? The opportunity to start a fresh year and make new goals! Also all of the jokes I get to make about being the first time this year that I’ve done x, y, or z.
- When do you take down your holiday decorations? Usually on December 26th, but this year, we’re going for a record I believe… #sicksnark
- Do you diet in January? Usually, but my new goal is to focus on eating more real food and stop over-complicating things for myself.
- What area of your home do you want to organize the most? Will built me a really nice closet organizer over Christmas break, but the downside to that was he had to take everything out of the closet to be able to work on it. I had grand plans of “purging my wardrobe” before hanging things in there. I think we all know how that went…
(Sales pitch – I’m using the Full Year Wardrobe guide from the blog Now That I Can Do, Mama as my template for overhauling my wardrobe. She has some freebies that you can check out if you’re interested in learning more! I do get a small commission from anything you purchase. That commission will either go towards new clothes for me or diapers for Char. Whatever seems more important that day…)
- Favorite Winter comfort food? Soup! Will made a fantastic chicken soup last week that I think he’s going to need to make again after we grocery shop and buy the ingredients!
- Favorite guilty pleasure? Hot chocolate with add-ins. At Christmas, my mom made the hot chocolate – red wine combo, and it was so good! Last week, Will made salted caramel hot chocolate with salted caramel vodka in it, and it was also delicious! I, uh, also like just plain whipped cream in hot chocolate, lest you think all I like in my h.c. is adult beverages…
Linking up with The Blended Blog! These prompts are always fun!