I missed this one because of Wellness Wednesday, but I’m always game for linkups that have fun prompts, so I thought better late than never!
(Since it’s actually the 12th, do I have to share 12 facts about me? Hmm…)
- I was born in Tennessee and have lived here most of my life, except for a few years when my family lived in Arizona. I remember nothing about it…except the rattlesnakes my parents ate (TOTALLY A FAMILY JOKE).
- The first “famous person” I ever met was Ann M. Martin, author of The Babysitter’s Club series. It was at a mall, and I remember there were cardboard cutouts of some of the BSC members on the stage. Somewhere, there is a picture of me rocking my post Valentine’s dance hair and a flannel shirt while posing with one of them!
- I once participated in a local grocery store’s version of the show Supermarket Sweep. I have no idea how I got chosen, and I’m pretty sure I didn’t do very well at it, but for a moment, I was famous…in my immediate family…
- I will eat or drink weird things for money. This could really accelerate our debt-free journey if I took applications to do this.
- I did theater throughout college. My favorite role – Wicked Witch of the West in The Wizard of Oz, even though the green makeup was nearly impossible to wash off!
- I love participating in any kind of trivia contests and Bingo. I think I have a vision of what my retirement life will involve. Sorry, Will. (But not really).
- I never had a dog before we got Koopa and didn’t really understand the appeal of them. Now I have a tattoo that has a paw print. It’s amazing what the creatures will do to you.
- I will pick up any denomination of coin off the ground, even when others judge me and say “Amber, it’s really gross to stop in the middle of Broadway in downtown Nashville to pick up a quarter out of what you hope was a puddle of water.” That’s what hand sanitizer is for, suckas.
- I am a complete and total baby when I get sick, even if it’s just a cold. You know those jokes about “man flu?” That is totally and completely me. I’m also horribly unsympathetic to Will when he’s sick. I’m basically a double-edged sword of terribleness during cold and flu season!
- I once won an amateur comedy contest. Granted, there were only three participants, and the winner was determined by audience applause, which worked in my favor since I had quite a few people there, but let’s not look at the little details like that. Let’s just look at the fact that I’m a winner.
Even though I love to talk about myself, this was a lot tougher than I expected! I’m definitely not going for 12 facts!
Linking up with Erin. Be sure to visit her blog and participate in one of the upcoming prompts!