Even though I just posted about Lent, I read something after publishing it that I want to try. The concept is to knock 40 things off your to-do list in the 40 days of Lent. I don’t know about anyone else out there, but I have a tendency to pile my to-do list with things that never get to-done. Unfinished tasks weigh you down, even if they’re little silly tasks that won’t really harm anyone if they’re incomplete. Plus, my to-do list is starting to resemble a novella, so it’s time to do something radical to knock items off (besides just declaring a clean sweep and starting from zero; I’m sure many of the items would make their way back onto the new list). I think this will also help me stay off of social media and games on my phone some because I will feel pressured not to let my fans down with another failed experiment (see the bedtime experiment, the closet experiment, and the weekly weigh ins as evidence). Some of my items can be completed relatively quickly, but some may take parts of the entire 40 days to slog through.
So, here are my 40 items, in no particular order:
Repackage and return a dress I ordered from the UK: Completed 02/13/13
- Clean out iTunes account- delete duplicate songs and things I don’t like
- Finish book tracking sheet (a complete nerd project)
Find Amazon gift card: Completed 02/22/13
- Organize laptop- group files together, delete unnecessary files, etc.
- Organize work computer- group files together, delete unnecessary files, etc.
- Send out reception invitations
- Finish adding people to wedding website
- Clean out personal email- get to inbox zero, delete unnecessary folders and emails, etc.
- Clean out work email- get to inbox zero, delete unnecessary folders and emails, etc.
- Start planning women’s small group and organize first meeting
- Move (after getting married)
- Finish adding contacts to the phone I got before Christmas
- Finish writer website
- Finish librarian website
- Update resume
- Figure out what kind of technical certifications I want/need
- Document items for renters insurance purposes
- Sign up for renters insurance
- Get Internet at new house
- Get trash pickup at new house
- Deep clean car- vacuum, dust, windows, outside, etc.
- Do a volunteer project- either outside of church or with them
- Clear out saved tabs in Chrome
- Write and submit Booksneeze review for latest book I have (can’t remember title…)
- Get rid of all paper clutter in bedroom
- Clean off desk at work
- Catch up on writing other blog postings (cryptic, right?)
- Learn to put on eyeliner
- Catch up on magazine pile
- Finish loading clothes pictures in Style Book app
- Finish loading clothes pictures on Go Chic or Go Home site
- Organize jewelry
- Clean out guest bedroom in future home
- Try out yoga DVD
- Get paracord site up and going
- Talk to Dell about laptop problems
Fix database problems at work: Completed 02/18/13
- Make a physical portfolio for writing samples
- Clean out/reorganize filing cabinets