Quick one written on my phone tonight
This week’s change : -0.6 pounds
Overall change : -4.8 pounds
Full out tortoise mode over here, folks
Another week, another weigh in…
(I’m seven weeks in, and I’m already running out of cheesy intros. For shame!)
This week’s change : -0.2 pounds
Overall total : -4.2 pounds
Part of me is excited that there was a loss, and the other part of me wonders if I should even share losses like that. Let’s be honest, I haven’t been working too hard at this, so the fact that there was any loss was just pure, dumb luck. On the other hand, it is nice to post a loss on here, even if it is pretty minuscule.
- A tiny loss despite literally no effort at all.
- See above about literally no effort at all.
I’m struggling so hard to get myself together. I do want to lose weight. I’m unhappy with how I look and I’m tired of being overweight. But, I’m just not putting in the work. Maybe it is being busy with our upcoming move. Maybe it’s just a touch of laziness. I’m not sure.
Goals for next week:
- Start small – increase water intake to 64 ounces a day and decrease coffee intake to one cup per day.
- Sleep! I’ve been staying up too late during the last couple of weeks. As a result, I’m dragging quite often, and that usually leads to an extra sugary coffee drink or something equally as bad for me. STOP STAYING UP SO LATE, AMBER.
Is anyone else working on losing weight or improving their health? Share your story!
Another week, another weigh in, let’s see how I’ve improved…or not improved…since last week’s post.
This week’s change : -0.8 pounds (hey, it’s twice as much as last week’s loss!)
Overall change : -4.0 pounds
We’re moving in the right direction, slowly but surely!
Keeping it short tonight because it’s late. We saw Wonder Woman earlier. Fantastic movie!!
As I promised in yesterday’s post, I am writing about my (not so) triumphant return to this series. Technically, this should be week 6, but since I missed last week, I didn’t want to get my numbering out of order and confuse myself later on. Yep, that’s legitimately what I worry about…
This week’s change : -0.4 pounds (a loss is a loss, am I right?)
Overall change : -3.2 pounds
Hey, I had a small loss! Not too shabby considering that I haven’t been paying attention to my food at all lately.
- I haven’t gone to coffee shops as often (despite the picture I posted on Instagram yesterday…). Will has concocted a new iced coffee drink, and it’s really good!
- I installed the Lose It! app on my phone. I evidently used to have an account, so when I recovered my info and updated my stats, it gave me an oh-so-helpful notice that I’ve gained 81 pounds since the last time I used it. 81. Pounds. Granted, I knew I gained around 50 pounds when I was pregnant, and I’m not sure when that weight was in there, but it was very sobering to see.
- Weighing in at the doctor. It was annual checkup, and I had really hoped to be smaller at this point. Of course, you can hope all day, but if you don’t put any work into it, then nothing will change…
Since we’re moving later this month, I’m already finding myself starting to make excuses about why I can’t try to eat healthily and exercise until after we’re settled in. The truth is though that there’s always going to be some kind of life event that can derail me if I let it. There’s always going to be a birthday, a celebration, stress, life changes, sick kids, not enough sleep, etc. If I make excuses for everything, then nothing will ever change.
Goals for next week:
- Start from scratch. Figure out what I’m trying to accomplish, set goals – little and big, and make a plan for my meals, exercise, and health for this upcoming week. — This is what I said on my week 4 update, and since I didn’t do that then, I’m going to repeat this goal!