Even though we’re already a week into October, it seems like the perfect time to talk about my September goals and set new ones for this month, right?
Here were my September goals :
1. Clean off our dining room table : Nope. It’s worse than it was before. Sigh…
2. Clean off our entryway dresser : Finished!! Look at the difference :
3. Get on track with daily routines : Not even close. I’m on fall break this week, so I’m taking some time to list out things that need to be done daily, times that I need to get up, be ready to leave, etc. I’m not a very organized person, so I need all of the help I can get with keeping myself on track!
4. Make consignment appointments : I’m taking Charlotte’s stuff tomorrow or Thursday. I haven’t made my own appointment, but I did make an appointment for a donation pickup, so I may just forget about consigning my stuff and donate everything!
5. Trade in old car seat : Done! I read that they were going to end the program early, so we traded in two old ones the day before they ended it. Phew!
Charlotte tells her old car seat goodbye!
6. Make an eye doctor appointment : Nope. Onto the October list you go…
7. Make a dentist appointment : See above…
8. Take Koopa to the vet : See item 6…sheesh…
9. Decorate for Fall : I’ve started doing this, so partial credit?
10. Start meal planning and prepping : No to this one too
11. Start walking again : Nope, but the joke was on me. Last month I said it was “starting to cool down,” then we had 90+ degree weather here all the way into the first week of October! Now it’s FINALLY fall around here, so let’s revisit this one for October!
12. Start posting at least once a week again : No for this one also.
So, I completely accomplished 2 and partially completed things out of my 12 for September. That’s not a ton, but I’m proud of myself for any progress!
October Goals :
1. Clean off our dining room table : Month 2 of trying to get this done!
2. Create/implement daily routines : Giving this one another go.
3. Make an eye doctor appointment : I NEED new glasses. Come on, Amber!
4. Make a dentist appointment : I think I’ve been procrastinating on this because I don’t know if I’m going to go back to my old one or pick a new one. Such tough decisions…
5. Take Koopa to the vet : We may not be able to get all of his shots and teeth cleaning this month, but we can at least take him to the new vet we’re going to try and let them do his pre teeth cleaning blood work.
6. Start meal planning and prepping : One of our PE teachers told me a little bit about what she does every Sunday, so I have some ideas to try!
7. Start walking again : Unless the weather goes back up to the 90s. Then I’m just going to hibernate. Haha!
8. Start posting at least once a week again : I’ve still got to post my dang fall bucket list and summer wrap up…if I can even find my summer list post!
9. Decorate for Halloween and/or Fall : I mean, it’s already October 8, so I don’t have much more time for Halloween, so I may just skip those decorations this year in favor of fall stuff until the day after Thanksgiving.
10. Work ahead on lesson planning and homework : This is kind of part of the routines thing, but I need to get into the habit of working ahead on these things instead of scrambling to do them at the last minute. Story of my life, right?
I’m going to stop my October goals at 10, especially since I had so many that I carried over from September. Do you have any goals for October? Let me know in the comments!