It’s the first Wednesday of the month, so it’s time to see what I’m currently up to!
Admiring : Pretty spring dresses! I used to have a lot more dresses, but I think they shrunk after sitting in the closet and being unworn for a while…or at least that’s my story for now! Amazon has some cute floral dresses (too lazy to link) and I’ve seen some cute ones in Walmart, of all places. I may have to use a small portion of my monthly “fun money” to start to replenish my dress collection!
Playing : Too many time-wasting games on my phone! I’ve got to delete them if I want to accomplish anything and get my act together!!!
Borrowing : Approximately 17,000 streaming audiobooks and eBooks from the Nashville library! Okay, maybe it’s just 10, but it feels like all of them are available for checkout at the same time, then I have to make the harrowing choice of which one I’ll start first!
Remembering : The early days with Charlotte. Google Photos keeps showing me pictures from the year she was born, and man, what a trip down memory lane!
It feels like she was just born sometimes! Look at that little face!!
Finishing : The academic year at work! Phew!! It’s been a heck of a year, and I’m glad to have a little bit of breathing room during the summer sessions.
1. Celebrate our family’s spring birthdays – We’ve almost done this one! We’ve got one more celebration for Charlotte coming up this weekend, and then we can check this one off the list! 🙂
2. Create a playroom for Charlotte – Not even close! The room still looks exactly the same as it has for the last couple of months! My mom and I are planning a joint garage sale in May, so I think after that, I can make some progress on this goal!
3. Finish a course – I haven’t even looked at any of my courses over the last few weeks. Sigh.
4. Go on an Easter egg hunt – Oh man, this one has been a doozy. It has rained every weekend for the last month! My work egg hunt got postponed and then cancelled. Another egg hunt we planned to go to got moved indoors, so we thought that wouldn’t be fun. This one was a failure, but Charlotte got 3 different Easter baskets yesterday, so I don’t think she’s hurting for candy/treats!
5. Participate in Rachel Cruze’s contentment challenge – I got the journal but don’t plan to start it until May 1 so I won’t be starting on a random day. I think I missed her challenge, but I’m still going to count this one as “in progress” since I’m starting soon!
6. Practice brush lettering – Not yet. I haven’t even thought about this one!
7. Spring Cleaning–Not yet, but I know that as we start moving things to the garage for the garage sale and decluttering, this one will start happening by default.
8. Take Charlotte to the Children’s Museum – We haven’t had a chance to do this one yet. April has been a really busy month, so we will plan a day in May or early June for this one.
9. Take Koopa to the Dog Bakery –We picked up a birthday treat for him from the bakery, but he wasn’t with us because we had been running other errands. I’m going to call this one a partially finished item until we take him somewhere else.
10. Walk a 5K – Not yet! My mom and I went on a short walk last week, and I realized that I have a lot of work to do before I’m ready to walk 3 consecutive miles. It’s hard for me not to feel discouraged since I used to be a lot more in-shape, but that doesn’t help anything!
So, that leaves me with one failure, two in-progress items, and seven not even started tasks. Eep! Here’s hoping that the other participants have fared better than I have so far!
Have you made a Spring Bucket List? How is your list going? Let me know in the comments or link up with your own post by clicking the button below.
I have ten things on my Spring Bucket List, so here are the first three items : celebrate our family’s spring birthdays, create a playroom for Charlotte, and finish a course. Big Spring goals in these parts!
2. Spring Cleaning. Spring Forward. Spring Break. Which is your favorite and why?
My favorite is the result of Spring Cleaning! 😉 Actually, Spring Cleaning is on my Spring Bucket List too, so while it’s not really my favorite, I’m pretty meh about the other two right now also!
3. What 3 dishes will be on your Easter menu?
I have no idea! We don’t usually cook anything at home, so I guess we will eat whatever is on the menu of whichever relative’s house we end up going to!
It’s the (day after) the first Wednesday of the month, so it’s time to see what I’m currently up to!
Experiencing : A little bit of a mental funk. I don’t know what exactly is causing it – not enough sleep, water, vegetables, whatever – but I just feel kind of blah and unhappy and self-critical right now. How do you handle those low points in your own life?
Appreciating : My husband and parents for all they do to help Charlotte and me, and Koopa and Charlotte for just being adorable and fantastic (most of the time…ha!). Oh, and sunshine. Always, sunshine!
Wishlisting : Clothes on Amazon! I see so many cute recommendations from other bloggers, so I put them straight on my Amazon wishlist to buy…eventually…
Posting : Not very often, even though I want to post more! I always think that I should take some time on Saturday or Sunday and write out posts for the week, and then I don’t! I think it could be related to the mental funk I’m experiencing though, so maybe as that starts to lift, I’ll write more.
Considering : Mother’s Day Out programs for Charlotte! We are so fortunate and thankful that she can stay with my parents while we work, but my mom and I have discussed potentially having her start a program in the fall just to get her used to being around other children and in a little bit of a routine before she starts Pre-K (!) in Fall 2020!
What are you currently up to?
Linking up with Anne for Currently and Penny for Thinking Out Loud Thursday!
Happy (chilly) April Fool’s Day, everyone! I hope that no one had too many pranks played on them today!
I haven’t joined in on this linkup since May 2018, which makes me think I’ve been pretty boring for almost a year now! No more! I’m going to start joining in, even if it’s something small like it is this month. Time to start mixing things up again!
My one entry for March is that I bought (and wore) a jumpsuit!
For those of you unfamiliar with what a jumpsuit is, it’s basically an adult onesie! Ha!
I got it from Old Navy, and even though it’s cropped on the model, it basically touches the floor for me. Short girl problems. I was reluctant to get it because I haven’t taken any fashion risks in a long time. I think part of it is because I’m not super comfortable with my weight right now, and the other part is just because I’ve been in a bit of a rut lately. However, I love all things polka dot, so after seeing it and getting Will’s stamp of approval that I didn’t look like a toddler, I bought it!
I don’t have a standing up picture of it, but here’s one where I was holding Charlotte at a children’s theater event we went to a couple of weekends ago.
(The one leg is shorter because of my dear daughter’s tennis shoes that pulled it up!)
Overall, I’m glad I took a little bit of a fashion risk. The only time I regretted it was when I had to use the restroom at Target…
I’m glad to be joining Leslie’s linkup again, and I look forward to stepping outside of my comfort zone…beyond the Target restrooms! 😉