It’s the (day after the…sigh) first Wednesday of the month, so it’s time to see what I’m currently up to!
Picking : Books to read for a couple of different upcoming book challenges. Book Challenge by Erin 11.0 released its categories on June 1, and my list for that one is slowly starting to take shape! I’m also going to participate in a challenge by abitaboutbooks on Instagram. It’s her #weread challenge and details can be found here!
Going : To work, home, Target, Walmart. That’s about as exciting as life is right now! 😉
Wishing : For a beach vacation! Fully funded, of course. Heck, since it’s wishing, let’s throw in a new wardrobe for the summer too!
I would not be sad to have this view again…
Wearing : Shorts and sandals! I’m not usually into either of those things because I’m self-conscious about my legs/feet/etc, but this year, I just decided to do what I wanted to, and if people don’t like it, meh on them!
Celebrating : Some fun activities coming up – going to see a live podcast show with my brother, Father’s Day, a luau with Charlotte’s former early intervention group, and WE’RE GOING TO SEE THE WIGGLES IN AUGUST!! Okay, that’s not June, and I have no reason to be so excited, but I totally am! Now watch Charlotte not enjoy it at all!
What are you currently up to? Leave a comment or link up with Anne to share what’s happening!
I’m a week behind on this one, but as with most things in my life, my motto here is “better late than never”! 😉
Let’s see my bucket list for a quick refresher of my goals :
Now that we’ve revisited my list, I can confidently say that I will not finish this list! Here’s where I am on everything…
1. Celebrate our family’s spring birthdays – Done! See you next year, spring birthdays!
2. Create a playroom for Charlotte – No change since last month. In fact, the room may look even worse than it has thanks to some decluttering in other parts of the house. Blah.
3. Finish a course – Big fat nope here. There’s still time to work on this one, though!
4. Go on an Easter egg hunt – Didn’t happen this year. Better luck (and better weather) next year!
5. Participate in Rachel Cruze’s contentment challenge – I didn’t participate along with the official Instagram challenge, but I finally started writing in the journal! I’m going to count this one as a win since I’m actually using it and not just letting it gather dust anymore!
6. Practice brush lettering – I haven’t started this, but I found a couple of fun June challenges to practice my fancy handwriting, so this would be a perfect time to bust out the brush markers and start trying to use them!
7. Spring cleaning – A little bit! I have been doing some decluttering and cleaning up around the house, so things are starting to look neater than they have! I still have a lot to do, but there is progress in this area!
8. Take Charlotte to the Children’s Museum – Nope! Now that the weather is nice, we probably won’t do this one since there are a lot of outdoor activities that we can do. I think I’ll move this one to my fall or winter bucket list.
9. Take Koopa to the dog bakery – This one is a no. We got him a treat from there, but he wasn’t with us. I don’t have any plans to take him there in the next few weeks, so maybe this one will be a spring item next year.
10. Walk a 5K – This one doesn’t look good for me! I’ve been walking a little bit after work, but I’m not ready to take on a 5K yet. I think I’ll move this one to my fall bucket list that way I can spend the summer building up my mileage and getting my body used to moving that much again.
Well, that’s disappointing! Even though I still have around a month left to complete this list, I don’t think that I am going to make much more progress beyond spring cleaning, brush lettering, Charlotte’s playroom, and maybe a course. Surprisingly, I’m not disappointed though! I know that I have done my best this spring, and there have been a lot of life things that have popped up (nothing bad! Just things that happen!). I’ll see how far I get and post my final update, plus my summer bucket list in June!
Have you made a Spring Bucket List? How’s your progress going? Let me know in the comments, or link up with your own post by clicking the button below!
It’s the first Wednesday of the month, so it’s time to see what I’m currently up to!
Admiring : Pretty spring dresses! I used to have a lot more dresses, but I think they shrunk after sitting in the closet and being unworn for a while…or at least that’s my story for now! Amazon has some cute floral dresses (too lazy to link) and I’ve seen some cute ones in Walmart, of all places. I may have to use a small portion of my monthly “fun money” to start to replenish my dress collection!
Playing : Too many time-wasting games on my phone! I’ve got to delete them if I want to accomplish anything and get my act together!!!
Borrowing : Approximately 17,000 streaming audiobooks and eBooks from the Nashville library! Okay, maybe it’s just 10, but it feels like all of them are available for checkout at the same time, then I have to make the harrowing choice of which one I’ll start first!
Remembering : The early days with Charlotte. Google Photos keeps showing me pictures from the year she was born, and man, what a trip down memory lane!
It feels like she was just born sometimes! Look at that little face!!
Finishing : The academic year at work! Phew!! It’s been a heck of a year, and I’m glad to have a little bit of breathing room during the summer sessions.
1. Celebrate our family’s spring birthdays – We’ve almost done this one! We’ve got one more celebration for Charlotte coming up this weekend, and then we can check this one off the list! 🙂
2. Create a playroom for Charlotte – Not even close! The room still looks exactly the same as it has for the last couple of months! My mom and I are planning a joint garage sale in May, so I think after that, I can make some progress on this goal!
3. Finish a course – I haven’t even looked at any of my courses over the last few weeks. Sigh.
4. Go on an Easter egg hunt – Oh man, this one has been a doozy. It has rained every weekend for the last month! My work egg hunt got postponed and then cancelled. Another egg hunt we planned to go to got moved indoors, so we thought that wouldn’t be fun. This one was a failure, but Charlotte got 3 different Easter baskets yesterday, so I don’t think she’s hurting for candy/treats!
5. Participate in Rachel Cruze’s contentment challenge – I got the journal but don’t plan to start it until May 1 so I won’t be starting on a random day. I think I missed her challenge, but I’m still going to count this one as “in progress” since I’m starting soon!
6. Practice brush lettering – Not yet. I haven’t even thought about this one!
7. Spring Cleaning–Not yet, but I know that as we start moving things to the garage for the garage sale and decluttering, this one will start happening by default.
8. Take Charlotte to the Children’s Museum – We haven’t had a chance to do this one yet. April has been a really busy month, so we will plan a day in May or early June for this one.
9. Take Koopa to the Dog Bakery –We picked up a birthday treat for him from the bakery, but he wasn’t with us because we had been running other errands. I’m going to call this one a partially finished item until we take him somewhere else.
10. Walk a 5K – Not yet! My mom and I went on a short walk last week, and I realized that I have a lot of work to do before I’m ready to walk 3 consecutive miles. It’s hard for me not to feel discouraged since I used to be a lot more in-shape, but that doesn’t help anything!
So, that leaves me with one failure, two in-progress items, and seven not even started tasks. Eep! Here’s hoping that the other participants have fared better than I have so far!
Have you made a Spring Bucket List? How is your list going? Let me know in the comments or link up with your own post by clicking the button below.
I have ten things on my Spring Bucket List, so here are the first three items : celebrate our family’s spring birthdays, create a playroom for Charlotte, and finish a course. Big Spring goals in these parts!
2. Spring Cleaning. Spring Forward. Spring Break. Which is your favorite and why?
My favorite is the result of Spring Cleaning! 😉 Actually, Spring Cleaning is on my Spring Bucket List too, so while it’s not really my favorite, I’m pretty meh about the other two right now also!
3. What 3 dishes will be on your Easter menu?
I have no idea! We don’t usually cook anything at home, so I guess we will eat whatever is on the menu of whichever relative’s house we end up going to!