Woo hoo, it’s time for my first Fit Friday check-in!
This week’s change : -6.6 pounds!!
Overall change: -6.6 pounds
The first week’s loss when you start eating healthier is always so exciting!
- I didn’t hit my water goals everyday, but I drank at least 64 oz. a day!
- I planned out all of my lunches! I didn’t eat what I brought one day (see below), but I can live with that. I need a little more variety next week though!
- I tracked every single bite of food or sip of drink that I consumed. MyFitnessPal can be a little judgmental (“you were supposed to stay under that amount of sugar for the day”), so it made me stop and consider what I was about to eat or drink before I partook.
- I measured my food and serving sizes. I know you’ve probably heard this hundreds of millions of times, but what we eat and what an actual serving size is are pretty far apart. I’ll admit, there were a couple of times that I thought I’d still be hungry afterwards, but for the most part, I wasn’t.
- My goals for the week included not going to any restaurants or coffee shops. I did go to a certain coffee chain a couple of times this week, and I had two restaurant meals – one after Charlotte’s checkup on Monday and the other was one day when I couldn’t handle eating my prepared lunch again. Both times I made better decisions than I have in the past though, so this is a half win.
- We still ate some processed things that we had in the freezer. My eventual goal is to not have these items in our house.
Favorite meal this week:
Pizza eggs! I saw someone on Facebook talk about them, and I was intrigued. Basically, I just cut up a piece of chicken sausage and sauteed it with frozen peppers and onions. Then, I fried two eggs in coconut oil. I put the sausage, pepper, and onions on top of the eggs, then put marinara sauce and shredded mozzarella on top of everything. It was so good! The main key was that I only put a serving of sauce and cheese instead of it being a free-for-all. I also didn’t really taste the cheese, so I might leave it off next time.
Goals for next week:
- Keep drinking enough water and aim for more days of hitting my goal (everyday would be the ultimate win!)
- Meal prep lunches but with two different meals this time.
- Try a recipe from my clean eating Pinterest board. I’m leaning towards a dinner or snack recipe since those are the two areas that are my biggest problems.
If you’re working on getting healthier, let me know how your week was or if you have any tips or recipes you’d like to share!