I feel like I just wrote my October goals yesterday, and now it’s already time to look at my November goals!
Let’s see how I did on my October goals:
- Continue going to church weekly
- Do at least two things off of my Fall Bucket List
- Blog at least four times a week
- Finish unpacking (ughhhhh)
- Lose five pounds
- Read the rest of my selections for the Erin 7.0 book challenge
- Go for a 15 minute walk 3-4 times a week
- Stick to a bedtime every night (no more blogging at 11:30 PM!)
- Write two blog posts for a freelance job I got recently
- Participate in the Fall Mini Photo Challenge
I started out pretty strong in October. We went to church a couple of weeks. I participated in 8 out of the 14 days of the challenge. I was writing posts ahead of time and going to bed at a semi-reasonable hour, and then I just lost my momentum. I don’t know if it’s the work stuff that I keep talking about or what, but I got into a slump and totally neglected my goals. Okay, time for a fresh start!
Goals for November:
- Finish unpacking…for real! – The list of things I want to find include, but aren’t limited to, a pair of pants that I’ve only worn once but that I know fit me, the crib bumper (mesh!) for Char so she’ll quit sticking her foot through the slats and waking herself up, and coffee mugs to hang up on the coffee wall.
- Go to bed by 10:30 every night (even Friday and Saturday nights!) – I’m a lot nicer when I get enough sleep. Plus, it helps me handle stress better. And, no matter how late I stay up, a certain little human critter wakes up around the same time every morning, so I’m just hurting myself by staying up too late!
- Write daily – I’m not participating in NaNoWriMo, but I do want to write every day like the participants do (or should do…ha). I want to post here daily and build up my freelance portfolio. Plus I have a book chapter due at the end of the month that I haven’t done nearly enough work on, so I’ve got plenty of writing lined up for November!
- Hit my step goal every day – My step goal isn’t set to the recommended 10,000 steps a day, and I still have trouble reaching it! It’s time to start being more active!
- Daily quiet time/devotional/Bible study – I have neglected this for far too long. Our church attendance has been sporadic lately, mostly due to the nap time situation, but this is something I have full control over!
- Read 6 books – I had a goal to read 52 books this year, and I”m at 41! If I read 6 books this month and 5 in December, I’ll reach it! Woo hoo!
- Complete Fall Bucket List – Because Winter is coming… (I for real have no idea what that means. Something with Game of Thrones, right? But I’ve never seen it, so I don’t know if it’s a good reference or a bad reference, but it seemed funny in my head. This is why I shouldn’t write late at night…)
- Catch up on This Is Us – Yes, this has to be a goal. I’m three episodes behind. Don’t ask me how I’m still living a complete life right now.
- Make an eye doctor appointment – I haven’t been to the eye doctor in two years. I was supposed to go back after I had Charlotte because evidently pregnancy messes with your vision (along with every other thing in your body), and the doctor wanted to get a more accurate idea of my eyesight. But, uh, I never made that appointment. So, I’ve been wearing contacts way too long, and since I didn’t get new glasses after the last appointment, the ones I’m wearing are at least four years old. I think they’re older than that though. I’m surprised I’m even able to see the screen to type that…
- Finish budgeting class – I’m in an online budgeting class right now, and what we’ve done so far has been really eye-opening (I feel like that’s a pun related to the prior goal item…). I’m a little behind on the assignments because I couldn’t get the videos to play on my laptop earlier this week, so I’ve got to get caught up. I can’t wait to see how this helps change some of our bad habits as we move towards the end of the year!
Phew! What are your November goals? Leave a comment here or let me know on Facebook!