Well, hello there. It’s been a little bit since I’ve posted, hasn’t it? The world of being a school librarian has been extremely busy, plus I just started two of the classes I need to get my teaching certification/licensure, so I have been just a little frazzled for the last few weeks!
I’ve missed writing though! I’ve also missed reading blogs. I pulled up my feed reader yesterday, and I had over 700 unread posts! Sheesh! I wanted to ease back into writing, so I thought I would do a goals post to stretch out my writing muscles again and to motivate me to get some things done!
September Goals :
- Clean off our dining room table : Somehow our dining room table can go from being completely clear to a disaster in the blink of an eye! It tends to be the place where we just drop things when we don’t really know where to put them, and then it just gets out of control. Now that Will and I have similar work schedules, we can eat dinner together as a family at night, so we really need to get the table cleared off to make this happen.
- Clean off our entryway dresser : This is another spot where we just drop things, especially mail. It’s not quite as cluttered as the table, but it still needs to be cleaned off.
- Get on track with daily routines : I spent most of August in survival mode with my new job, classes starting, Will’s schedule changing, etc, but now that we’re into September and getting into a groove, it’s time to work on daily routines. I want to get back to doing small daily housekeeping tasks like laundry and unloading the dishwasher. I also need to get back into the habit of choosing my work clothes the night before, making sure lunches and snacks are packed, getting my work bag together, and doing a quick tidy around the house.
- Make consignment appointments : Charlotte and I both have a ton of clothes that we aren’t wearing. I want to make consignment appointments and start cleaning those items out since both of our closets are way too cluttered!
- Trade in old car seat : I saw a post on Facebook about Walmart’s upcoming car seat trade in event. From September 16-30, you can get a $30 Walmart gift card for trading in car seats that your kids have outgrown! We just bought Charlotte a new, bigger car seat last month, so the old one is just sitting by the couch. This will help us declutter a little and give us a little extra money for groceries!
- Make an eye doctor appointment : For some reason, this is a recurring goal for me. I have no idea why I don’t go ahead and schedule the next appointment each time I go for a visit, but here we are yet again!
- Make a dentist appointment : Somehow I’ve gotten off track with my twice a year cleanings, and I can’t even remember when I last went! Plus, it’s really weird, but I had a wisdom tooth pop through a few months ago! It’s not hurting or bothering me, but I think it would be a good idea to get a pro to look at it!
- Take Koopa to the vet : He’s a couple of months overdue for some shots, plus he needs a tooth cleaning also. We are just falling apart in this house, aren’t we?
- Decorate for Fall : I just got a couple of fall decorations at Target yesterday, plus I’ve got a lot of things that I didn’t get out at all last year. I want to get those things out this year and make our house fall ready!
- Start meal planning and prepping : I suppose this could go with creating daily routines, but I wanted to separate it out to make sure it got extra attention in my world. We have been so bad about eating fast food lately, and it’s hurting all of the weight loss progress I made early in the summer! I need to take time during the weekend to meal plan and prep to get ready for the week.
- Start walking again : My mom, Charlotte, and I were walking the neighborhood pretty consistently earlier in the summer, but we missed a couple of days, and then we just ended up dropping that habit. I know that part of it was the super hot weather, so now that it’s starting to cool down, I want to resume this habit. Plus, this paired with dining out less often will help with that whole weight loss thing!
- Start posting at least once a week again : My last goal is to post at least once a week on here. I’ve got a lot of posts I want to do, including creating a Fall Bucket List, so I just need to sit down and take the time to write them. This will be a good outlet when I’m tired of reading about collection development or want to stay off social media! I also need to fix the wonky site design that happened when I let my paid WordPress subscription lapse, but one thing at a time, right?
Anyone have any great September goals they want to share? Let me know in the comments!