Wow, it’s hard to believe that it’s already been a month since I posted my Fall Bucket List!
Here’s my list, just in case you’ve forgotten my goals (uh, I totally didn’t forget any of my goals, and I definitely wasn’t surprised to re-read some of them…).
1. Go to a pumpkin patch/corn maze : Not yet!
2. Take a day trip to see the leaves changing : Not yet!
3. Go to a football game : Done! We didn’t stay long because it was really hot that day, but we went to one!
4. Learn to make my own pumpkin spice latte : Still playing with recipes. Ehhhh
5. Decorate for Fall : Done! I’ll show them next week so everyone can see the mix of Fall and Halloween we’ve got going on!
6. Buy a mum!! : Done!
My tiny mum!
7. Find a family Halloween costume theme and take Charlotte to a couple of events : Nope! There is a Halloween event in a local park tomorrow, but I’ve totally flaked on getting her costume together. And it’s supposed to be around 80 degrees. Yuck.
8. Cook a healthy Thanksgiving dinner : Not yet!
9. Participate in a 5K : I just saw on Facebook that our local Turkey Trot is cancelled this year, so I’m not sure which 5K I’m going to do. Time to start searching for another one!
10. Plan/host Happy Holigames : Not yet!
3 out of 10! Yesssss!
Want to update your Fall Bucket List? Link up with us!
Even though it’s still about 9,000 degrees outside here, tomorrow marks the official start of Fall!! As I’ve gotten older, Fall has replaced Summer as my season of choice. There’s something about not sweating all of the time, shaving less often, and being encouraged to wear oversized (“cozy”) shirts that speaks to my inner self.
There are so many fun things to do in the Fall, so I’m joining a few bloggers for a Fall Bucket List linkup!
My graphic is a little tough to read, so let me break it down.
1. Go to a pumpkin patch/corn maze : Charlotte probably isn’t going to love this, but maybe if we start an annual tradition, she’ll be excited about it in the next couple of years.
2. Take a day trip to see the leaves changing : This one was Will’s idea. I don’t know if we’ll go to East Tennessee or stay around here, but I think this one will be fun!
3. Go to a football game : I’m planning to go to my work’s homecoming game in a couple of weeks, so this may be the first one I check off the list.
4. Learn to make my own pumpkin spice latte : I’ve been starting to eat healthier and save more money, so if I can learn to make one that I like as much as a certain coffee chain PSL, then I’ll be in Fall overdrive!
5. Decorate for Fall : I stole this one from Leslie! Now that we’re getting settled into our house, I want to bust out all of the Fall decorations!
6. Buy a mum!! : I have always loved mums. There’s something about them that just says Fall to me. I never bought one at our other house because there wasn’t a good place to put one on the front porch (it was pretty much just a landing and some steps), but now we have an actual front porch with chairs and a little trunk. That trunk needs a mum on it!
7. Find a family Halloween costume theme and take Charlotte to a couple of events : I don’t know if she’ll be interested in trick or treating this year, but we can go to a couple of the Halloween family fun festivals (phew, that’s a mouthful!) that pop up every year. And, as far as a theme, I’m open to suggestions. I’m sure I can convince Will to go along with whatever theme I choose! 😉
8. Cook a healthy Thanksgiving dinner : Since I have been eating better, I want to maintain momentum through the holiday season. Thanksgiving will be the first test for me, so I want to plan a healthy menu and stick to it.
9. Participate in a 5K : I had planned to do one this coming Saturday, but little girl has an ear infection, and I don’t think she’ll enjoy being out in the hot weather with tons of people while she doesn’t feel well. I may set my sights on a turkey trot. Then I may throw a splurge or two into my healthy Thanksgiving menu!
10. Plan/host Happy Holigames : Part deux…haha. We had a games/snacks party last year that was so much fun! We’ve got some ideas for this year’s event already, so we just need to pick a date and start planning. I know this sounds like a Winter event, but last year we had it the Sunday after Thanksgiving, so it’s totally Fall related!
Have any Fall plans of your own? Leave a comment or join the linkup! I’ll be back on October 21 with a progress report!