Welcome back!!!!!!! I’ve missed you!!! Time for leggings and all of the pumpkin-flavored stuff I can stomach!
Dear pumpkin-flavored stuff,
Welcome back to you too…even though you’ve been around since the end of August, and I had my first Pumpkin Spice Latte back at the beginning of September. Now that the weather is cooling down, it’s time to kick up my enjoyment into overdrive.
Dear candy corn mix from Target,
I expected you to taste better. Fool me once, shame on me, and all of that good stuff.
Maybe we should eat some vegetables in between all of the pumpkin things and candy corn mixes…
Dear new phone provider,
Thank you for unlimited data. Being able to stream “The Wheels on the Bus” and “Baby Shark” while we drive makes at least one member of our family extremely happy…
I’ll hang up my laundry this weekend. Maybe. Sorry for the mess…but not sorry enough to hang up my laundry in a timely manner…
Maybe we should hang up your laundry too. And see what clothes fit you. Sorry about the too-small jacket yesterday!
Stay out of the laundry piles!! I know you’re just helping me pare down my wardrobe by tearing up clothes, but dude, it’s annoying!
Thanks for stopping by! If you’ve been writing little letters, leave the link below!
Wow, it’s hard to believe that it’s already been a month since I posted my Fall Bucket List!
Here’s my list, just in case you’ve forgotten my goals (uh, I totally didn’t forget any of my goals, and I definitely wasn’t surprised to re-read some of them…).
1. Go to a pumpkin patch/corn maze : Not yet!
2. Take a day trip to see the leaves changing : Not yet!
3. Go to a football game : Done! We didn’t stay long because it was really hot that day, but we went to one!
4. Learn to make my own pumpkin spice latte : Still playing with recipes. Ehhhh
5. Decorate for Fall : Done! I’ll show them next week so everyone can see the mix of Fall and Halloween we’ve got going on!
6. Buy a mum!! : Done!
My tiny mum!
7. Find a family Halloween costume theme and take Charlotte to a couple of events : Nope! There is a Halloween event in a local park tomorrow, but I’ve totally flaked on getting her costume together. And it’s supposed to be around 80 degrees. Yuck.
8. Cook a healthy Thanksgiving dinner : Not yet!
9. Participate in a 5K : I just saw on Facebook that our local Turkey Trot is cancelled this year, so I’m not sure which 5K I’m going to do. Time to start searching for another one!
10. Plan/host Happy Holigames : Not yet!
3 out of 10! Yesssss!
Want to update your Fall Bucket List? Link up with us!
This could potentially be the shortest post ever because all I have to write is pumpkin everything.
Pumpkin spice latte and a pumpkin spice shirt. My basic level is off the charts…
Obviously Starbucks has got me right where they want me because after pumpkin spice season, it’s peppermint season (even though you can get peppermint stuff now…).
When I make myself stop eating and drinking pumpkin stuff, I also enjoy salted caramel flavors. That’s not limited to fall, but it seems easier to find that flavor in the fall.
For some reason, I also feel like banana bread is a fall food. I haven’t made any in a few years, but now it will be all I can think about for the next few days until I either make some or something else distracts me.
Unlike my husband who won’t eat soup if it’s above 40 degrees outside, I welcome soup and chili when the calendar says October…even if it is still 85 degrees and we’re all sweating and fighting sinus infections. Yay, Tennessee weather!
Halloween candy is also a fall favorite, but with this whole “I need to lose weight” thing I’ve got going on, I should probably avoid that stuff. Yay for trying to become healthier, right?
Well look at me. I have a lot more to me than just pumpkin spice! 😉 What are your favorite fall foods and drinks? Leave a comment and let me know, then check out the other blogs in the linkup and see what everyone else loves in the fall. If you see any banana bread, send them my way…
This post contains affiliate links, which means I make a few cents if you purchase anything from these links. It doesn’t add anything extra to your purchase! Need more information? Check out my disclosure policy.
This week The Blended Blog is asking what a Fall day in my world looks like. Let’s start by pretending for a minute that it’s actually Fall-like outside and not 80+ degrees with 1,000% humidity right now.
Okay, now that we’re in the Fall spirit, we’re going to turn this into an ideal Fall day in my world, since most of my Fall days just involve going to work, and honestly, who wants to read about that?
So, my ideal Fall day would be cool – probably in the upper 60s – and everyone in the house would sleep late (until at least 9…how wonderful would that be?!?). After we woke up and got ready, we would go get breakfast somewhere.
Our next few stops would involve going to Fall festivals, outdoor markets, anywhere outside where we could walk around and see all kinds of different things (and to get some pumpkin coffee, of course). When we finished going to those places, we would come home and go out in the back yard for a little bit. Charlotte would play on her play set, Koopa would run around like crazy, Will would watch the kiddos, and I would lay on a blanket and read…or nap! Hey, if we’re talking about the ideal day, I’m going all out!
When we were ready to go inside, Will would make dinner while I gave Charlotte a bath. After bath time, we would eat dinner together, then I would put Charlotte to bed. I don’t know what the rest of the night would hold – maybe some writing, maybe reading some more, or maybe even going to bed super early – but it would be the perfect end to my ideal Fall day!
Admittedly, this one was a little tough to write. We don’t really have “typical” Fall days during our weekends since it depends on what else is going on. Hopefully the other bloggers in this linkup are able to describe their days better than I was able to!
It’s October and we’ve finally had a couple of days of cooler weather here, so I’m basically on Fall overdrive now! I mean, even more than I have been anyway…hahaha. What better way to jump into Fall than to answer some questions about the best season of all?
1. Favorite Fall Sweet Treat? Baskin Robbins has pumpkin cheesecake ice cream that I could live off of. They were out of it one night a couple of weeks ago, and I was more devastated than I should have been!
2. Red, Yellow, or Green Apples? Red!!!! I don’t think I’ve had very many yellow ones, and green apples are the green peas of the fruit world…
3. Favorite Fall Sport to Play? Uh, walking around fall festivals and eating shaved ice? Is that a sport?
4. Best Drink for Fall? PUMPKIN SPICE LATTES FOR LIFE! One of my Fall Bucket List items is to learn to make my own so certain coffee chains will quit owning me! I also like salted caramel and apple cider…and hot chocolate…and any flavored coffee…I’m not too picky!
5. Favorite Fall Activity? Going to fall festivals/craft shows. I really like sitting around a fire pit at night too, but it’s been a while since I’ve done that!
6. Must have Fall Purchase? For me this year it’s going to be brown tights, replacement tan/cognac boots, and a couple of tunics. Maybe a dress or two also. And some leggings. Okay, let’s just redo my entire wardrobe!
7. Pumpkins : Pick your own or store bought? We’ve never bought pumpkins, but I think picking them would be fun…depending on what kind of mood Charlotte is in!
8. Real or Fake Pumpkins? I think we’ll probably get real ones at least once and then stick with fake ones so Koopa won’t try to eat them when they start decomposing!
9. Favorite Halloween Costume? This is a tough one! I usually start trying to plan a costume a while in advance and then end up procrastinating and having to throw something together!
10. College Football or NFL? Ughhhhhhh, this is not the weekend to ask this since the Vols and the Titans both got stomped! I like both though! I don’t know a ton about the game, but I will yell at the TV with the best of them!
11. Fall or Halloween Decor? Fall from early-mid September to October 1, Halloween during October, and Fall again until Thanksgiving…then it’s time for the Christmas decorations! Obviously, I’ve put a lot of thought into this!
12. Raking Leaves or no Leaves to Rake? I’m not sure if we’ll have leaves at our current house since we just moved in here in July. We never rake though because we’re not exactly yard people!
13. Favorite Soup? My mom makes this potato soup with cheese and bacon in it that’s delicious!
14. Favorite Fall Candle scent? I like apple scents. This is probably the only area of Fall where pumpkin doesn’t dominate my life!
15. Love or Hate Pumpkin Spice? LOOOOOOOOOVE…I mean, it’s fine. I enjoy it. I’m cool with it…
16. Short Booties or Tall Boots? I prefer to call them bootlets because as a 34 year old woman, I feel ridiculous calling them booties! I like wearing them but I feel like I don’t always wear them with the most flattering things. Tall boots are my comfort zone!
17. Favorite Halloween Candy? Reese’s Pumpkins and Mini Twix.
18 PSL (Pumpkin Spice Latte) : Yes or No? I guess, if you make me drink it. Was that playing it cool enough?
19. Hayride or Corn Maze? I haven’t done either in so long! I feel like a hayride would make me motion sick, even though it’s only going like two miles an hour! I’ll just sit on the sidelines with my PSL…