If you haven’t guessed by now, I like to read a lot of other blogs. I think it helps make me a stronger writer by seeing what other people write about, plus I get ideas and find out information. For example, did you know that there’s a Chick Fil A Mom Panel?!?!? Yeah, it will now become my new life mission to figure out how to join this panel!
One thing I notice on quite a few of the blogs I read is that they post about their monthly goals. I think this is such a smart idea. Not only does it help hold them accountable because they are sharing their goals with the world (wide web…haha) but it also helps them to keep track of what they’ve completed over the year. Since I’m a tracking nerd, I wanted to join in with my first monthly goals post!
Even though it’s still about 9,000 degrees outside here, tomorrow marks the official start of Fall!! As I’ve gotten older, Fall has replaced Summer as my season of choice. There’s something about not sweating all of the time, shaving less often, and being encouraged to wear oversized (“cozy”) shirts that speaks to my inner self.
There are so many fun things to do in the Fall, so I’m joining a few bloggers for a Fall Bucket List linkup!
My graphic is a little tough to read, so let me break it down.
1. Go to a pumpkin patch/corn maze : Charlotte probably isn’t going to love this, but maybe if we start an annual tradition, she’ll be excited about it in the next couple of years.
2. Take a day trip to see the leaves changing : This one was Will’s idea. I don’t know if we’ll go to East Tennessee or stay around here, but I think this one will be fun!
3. Go to a football game : I’m planning to go to my work’s homecoming game in a couple of weeks, so this may be the first one I check off the list.
4. Learn to make my own pumpkin spice latte : I’ve been starting to eat healthier and save more money, so if I can learn to make one that I like as much as a certain coffee chain PSL, then I’ll be in Fall overdrive!
5. Decorate for Fall : I stole this one from Leslie! Now that we’re getting settled into our house, I want to bust out all of the Fall decorations!
6. Buy a mum!! : I have always loved mums. There’s something about them that just says Fall to me. I never bought one at our other house because there wasn’t a good place to put one on the front porch (it was pretty much just a landing and some steps), but now we have an actual front porch with chairs and a little trunk. That trunk needs a mum on it!
7. Find a family Halloween costume theme and take Charlotte to a couple of events : I don’t know if she’ll be interested in trick or treating this year, but we can go to a couple of the Halloween family fun festivals (phew, that’s a mouthful!) that pop up every year. And, as far as a theme, I’m open to suggestions. I’m sure I can convince Will to go along with whatever theme I choose! 😉
8. Cook a healthy Thanksgiving dinner : Since I have been eating better, I want to maintain momentum through the holiday season. Thanksgiving will be the first test for me, so I want to plan a healthy menu and stick to it.
9. Participate in a 5K : I had planned to do one this coming Saturday, but little girl has an ear infection, and I don’t think she’ll enjoy being out in the hot weather with tons of people while she doesn’t feel well. I may set my sights on a turkey trot. Then I may throw a splurge or two into my healthy Thanksgiving menu!
10. Plan/host Happy Holigames : Part deux…haha. We had a games/snacks party last year that was so much fun! We’ve got some ideas for this year’s event already, so we just need to pick a date and start planning. I know this sounds like a Winter event, but last year we had it the Sunday after Thanksgiving, so it’s totally Fall related!
Have any Fall plans of your own? Leave a comment or join the linkup! I’ll be back on October 21 with a progress report!