Happy Monday! What’s a better way to celebrate another freezing cold Monday than to answer some questions about shopping?!?
1. Top 3 Shops? Old Navy, Target, and JoAnn Fabrics (not for fabrics though…give me alllll the planner stuff!)
2. Where is the majority of your shopping done – in store or online? In store. I like to be able to see the things and hold them, try them on, etc. Sometimes I’ll see something online that I really like but then dislike it in person. Plus, I’m pretty scatterbrained, so I know I would forget to ship something back if I didn’t like it!
3. What’s your favorite thing to shop for? Right now, planner stuff! Thanks for all of the new releases, Happy Planner!
4. What do you just HATE shopping for? Bathing suits…and sadly, most other clothes right now. I started the year off by eating healthier and really working on my weight loss goals, but that fell apart pretty quickly. Sigh.
5. What’s your most favorite thing you’ve ever bought? This is a tough one! I’m not really sure about this one. Technically, since we bought Koopa, I can say it’s him, right? 😉
6. Do you prefer shopping alone or with others? With others because it’s always nice to get a second opinion on whether or not something looks good!
7. Best bargain? I don’t know about this one either! I just got some sweatpants at Walmart for $1. That seems pretty legit during this never-ending winter without snow…
8. Thrift store shopping : Yes or No? Yes, but I haven’t had as much luck lately as I did in the past. Plus, I’ve lost some of my patience for digging through all of the racks in my old age. Time is money, I guess…
9. Best cities for shopping?What Not to Wear made me think that New York City is the best in the world for shopping, but since I’ve never been there, I guess I’ll just say I’m not sure on this one either!
10. Who’s your style or fashion icon? Jennifer Aniston – she just always looks so put together and wears simple outfits. I feel like her wardrobe is attainable, even though her white t-shirt and crop pants are probably the same price as our mortgage payment!
Okay, this post is out of my comfort zone, but it’s something I wanted to try, so here we go!
There is a group of three bloggers – Erin, Jen, and Salazar – who take turns co-hosting a linkup called Style Imitating Art. The premise is that whoever is hosting choosing a piece of artwork (in any medium) and other bloggers share their outfits that are inspired by the artwork. I’ve always enjoyed this linkup but have never felt brave enough to join in. Brave may seem like a silly word, but I’m not the biggest fan of my appearance right now, so the idea of putting a full body picture of myself on here is a little scary!
But you know what? I’m doing it anyway!
The inspiration piece was chosen by Erin and is called Cloud Gate. You may know it by another name:
That’s right! It’s The Bean in Chicago! I’ve never been to Chicago, but I know this is a must see when I finally make it there.
Now for my interpretation :
My mirror selfie game needs some work!
I’ve noticed that the co-hosts usually talk about their outfits and why they chose what they did. In the spirit of full transparency, my outfit was basically chosen because it fits me!
The sweater and tank top underneath are forest green even though they look gray in the picture. Let’s pretend like the dots on our bedspread are big fat snowflakes too. Ha!
I think this is going to be a fun series to be involved in, and I have some ideas about how to make my pictures better in the future. I’ll also take any suggestions anyone has for how to take better outfit pictures!
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Clicking on these links will not add any additional costs to items you order and helps support my blogging costs. Thank you!
Aaaand, I’m back! Last night wasn’t as rough as I had anticipated. Will held her while I exercised and showered, and then she and I went to the guest room and slept in that bed. As soon as we laid down, she snuggled up to me, grabbed my hand, and was snoring within five minutes! I guess she just needed some snuggles last night! As I told someone today (shout out to Bea!), I have to remember that these moments won’t last forever and to enjoy them while I can!
Now, let’s get to what I had planned to post last night! Every Monday in January, the bloggers at The Blended Blog have had prompts related to goals and resolutions. The prompt for this week asked about our fashion, food, fitness, and friendship goals, so here are mine for the year!
This one is a tough one for me because I love clothes, but I don’t love how they look on my body right now. Plus, I haven’t been shopping nearly as much as I used to since we’re working on becoming debt free, so to be honest, I’m really bored with a lot of the clothes I have that do still fit. I’ve mentioned the Frumpy Fighters Facebook group and the wardrobe guides from Now That I Can Do, Mama blog a few times before, but I haven’t been an active participant in the group or weekly challenges. I decided to jump in this week, and even though it’s only Tuesday, I feel like it’s made a difference for me already!
Here’s a super bright selfie of my outfit today :
It may be difficult to see the details, but it’s a striped tank top and the boots are brown. I need to work on outfit selfies, especially since I plan to take more for the blog and participate in a really fun challenge called Style Imitating Art (hat tip to Jen at Librarian for Life and Style for tagging me on Instagram and giving me a heads up about the challenge!).
Since Will redid our closet, I feel like I need to clean out the clothes I’m not wearing. I’ve got a couple of storage boxes of “goal weight clothes,” but it might be time to let those go, especially if I can make some money from selling them! I also need to work on accepting myself where I am right now. No, I’m not happy with my current size and shape, but instead of giving up, I should work on enjoying clothes and getting dressed. That may mean updating my wardrobe with a few pieces, but I will cross the bridge when I come to it!
I’ve written about my plan to just eat real food, but I haven’t exactly been practicing what I wrote! I have gotten really bad about not eating breakfast and then being super hungry by lunchtime. Then, I don’t have enough food packed, so I’m hangry during the rest of my work day! Argh!! Perhaps my goals here should be (1) eat breakfast and (2) actually pack enough food in my lunchbox to sustain me throughout the day. So simple, right?
I have grand plans to convert our garage into a home gym. However, there are approximately 7,000 other things that need to be done before that can happen. However, that doesn’t stop me from working out there in its current state! I started exercising again last night, and I am definitely feeling it tonight!
I like the workouts in The 4×4 Diet because they are tabatas, so they are short and don’t require much, if any, equipment.
There are also a couple of places online that I like to get workouts from – Bender FItness and Nerd Fitness. My current goal (besides the ones I talked about in my Wellness Wednesday post) is to start exercising three days a week. That seems like a good, attainable start.
This one is a tough area for me! I feel like I don’t prioritize my friendships, then I fuss to Will about not having enough time with friends. Yep, that’s the kind of torture I inflict upon my poor husband!
My biggest problem is taking the time to just reach out to my friends beyond a comment or a like on social media. That’s an area I need to work on. Maybe I should put reminders in my planner to text people!
Do you have goals in any of these areas? Or, do you have suggestions about how I can reach my goals? I’d love to hear from you in the comments!