I always enjoy finding new linkups, so I’m excited to join the “Share Your” linkup! This month’s theme is goals/resolutions/where you see yourself in 5 years.
I try to stay away from making resolutions, so I’ll focus more on the goal side of things. I have a few goals for this year :
- Take charge of my health and work on losing the weight I’ve gained in the last 3-4 years. I’ve got quite a bit to lose, and I know that it will take a while, but I at least want to make progress this year.
- Work on our debt-free journey. We have a significant amount to pay off, so like the weight loss, I know it’ll take a while, but we want to make progress on this during 2019 also.
- Start pursuing more writing opportunities. I have had a couple of writing jobs lately, and I really enjoyed the process and the finished product. It’s time to make this a priority!
- Spend more non-screen time with my family. We’re all bad about spending too much time on devices, so we need to work on doing more fun things as a family that don’t involve screens!
Where I see myself in 5 years :
- We’ll have a 7-year-old…that’s so hard to believe! We’ll also be getting ready to celebrate our 11th anniversary!
- I want to be a full-time freelance writer. I enjoy the library world, but I’ve always wanted to be a writer, so I want this to be my job in 5 years.
- I also see us being debt free since we are focusing on the process and finally paying attention to where our money is going.
I know these aren’t very many items for a 5 year plan. I haven’t thought about long-term goals for a while, so this linkup is a good opportunity for me to start working on those for myself and our family.
One Word for 2019 :
I haven’t chosen a word for a couple of years, but in the last few weeks, the word “complete” kept popping in my head. For me, complete has a double meaning. First, it means to complete my goals and to-do list items that I’ve been putting off. I’m a huge procrastinator, so I have to be conscious about prioritizing the right things and making sure I stay focused on what I’m supposed to be doing. The other meaning of complete is that I am complete. I struggle with not feeling like a good enough wife, mom, person, etc, so this is going to be my reminder that I am enough. I am the person I am, and I’m not supposed to constantly compare myself to others.
Do you have goals, resolutions, or one word for this year? How about a 5 year plan? Leave me a comment and share yours!
Want to join in next month? Here are the prompts :